With the introduction of the April 2006 Building Regulations Part L1A the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) is the UK government’s approved method of assessing a building’s energy performance and is now mandatory for all new build dwellings. It is also necessary for all new dwellings to provide the prospective property owner with a full Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and recommendation Report.
The SAP calculations / sap calcs / sap rating is carried out at the design stage of the build and the calculation is based on the energy balance taking into account a range of factors that contribute to energy efficiency, including:
- Materials used for the construction of the dwelling
- Thermal insulation of the building fabric
- Ventilation characteristics of the dwelling
- Efficiency and control of the heating system
- Solar gains through openings of the dwelling
- Fuel used to provide space and water heating
- Renewable energy technologies
Leema Technologies Ltd SAP assessors / energy assessors are able to calculate your SAP assessments and reports from the architects drawings and specifications, with no site visit required. A predictive Energy Assessment is produced with the SAP and once the build is complete and tested the Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) will be produced.